Blue Light Partnership is developing modern, energy efficient police facilities across four sites in Patchway, Keynsham, Portishead and Bridgwater. The development will include new police stations, operation centres with custody cells, a state-of-the-art fire arms training centre and general office accommodation.
This project represents a major investment in the region and the partnership is keen to ensure that local businesses are given every opportunity to become involved, thereby retaining investment and skills in the local area.
This project will also create opportunities for training and employment, with commitments to create apprenticeships.
Avon and Somerset Police’s Vision
In 2008, Avon and Somerset Police (ASP) embarked on a journey to improve their performance whilst responding to increasing funding challenges. Their Accommodation Programme (development of four new police facilities) became a vital part of this journey.
To deliver a police service that will meet the current and future needs of communities, the Accommodation Programme will:
- Help to process offenders more efficiently through the criminal justice system as a result of increased custodial capacity to interview and hold offenders pending final investigation and charge.
- Enable ASP to join together their custody and investigative functions, thereby releasing police officers back to the streets where they are needed most.
- Improve response times for specialist teams and reduce travelling times by basing them in more accessible locations.
- Provide better value for money by improving and consolidating their estate, reducing carbon footprint and ensuring they use their buildings in the most effective way.
- Enable ASP to provide better opportunities for working with partners.
For more information about Avon and Somerset’s Accommodation Programme, visit: http://www.asp-accommodation-programme.info/
For more information regarding our BREEAM accreditation, please click on the following documents: